I’ve had so much fun joining in with Vicky’s Prose for Thought linky, that I thought I’d join in with another linky this week. This time Recipe of the Week which is run by the clever Emily at A Mummy Too.
This is a quick, healthy and comforting hot meal, that is versatile enough to adapt so you can make good use of any seasonal veg you might have lying around. Courgette/aubergine or squash/sweet potato would work just as well. You could add crispy bacon, small roasted onions or garlic for extra sweetness and flavour.
Serves: 4 adults or 2 adults & 2 kids
Cooking time: <30 mins
- 8 oz pasta shapes (I used radiattore, but fusilli or penne can easily be substituted)
- 2 medium carrots, sliced lengthways and chopped into bite sized chunks
- 4 oz mushrooms, quartered
- 1 red pepper, chopped into bite sized chunks
- 1 yellow pepper, as above
- Mixed herbs
- Garlic salt (or a few whole bulbs of fresh garlic if you prefer)
- Creme fraiche – 4 tbsps
- Tomato puree – 1 tbsp
- 1 pot feta cheese cubes
- 1. Heat the oven to 200C (Fan 180C) and roast the veg in bite size pieces for 20 mins. Sprinkle over a little dried mixed herbs and garlic salt to season first.
- 2. Meanwhile, bring a saucepan of water to the boil and cook the pasta according to the instructions. Usually 10-12 minutes.
- 3. Drain the cooked pasta and mix in the creme fraiche and tomato puree.
- 4. Add the roasted vegetables and transfer to an oven proof dish.
- 5. Pop under a preheated grill for ten minutes or until the feta starts to soften.
- 6. Spoon into bowls and serve with a fresh green salad or even a cheeky glass of white wine!
What’s your favourite quick Autumn supper? Please leave a link in the comments box below or hop on over to join in with the Recipe of the Week linky over at A Mummy Too.
Sounds good. Anything with pasta in it is a winner in our house so I may have to try this!
This looks really delicious. I love pasta bakes – so easy and so yummy! Thanks for linking up to #recipeoftheweek. I’ve Pinned this and there’s a fresh linky live now. Hope to see you there 😀